With the presence of secular districts and due to revived activities, Quebec city has nothing to envy its French, Irish and English cousins.
We willingly admit that Quebec's charm comes from the combination of historical, cultural and architectural factors, however we must not forget the geophysical one. A glance at the surrounding landscape easily explains why Champlain chose this place to set the foundations of the French civilisation in America.
N.B.: This is the Quebec flag, and this the Canadian flag. The coexistence of the two emblems (federal and federated) on a sovereign territory (Canada) is explained by Canadian constitutional law. Canada chose a federated form, contrary to France that is governed by a singular state and has only one flag.
Quebec is first and foremost a city of contrasts, an animated place where original activities abound and you'll find the best entertainment, summer and winter.
Ancient / modern . low / high . popular / trendy . stone / concrete . wood / plastic .
french / english . multimedia shows / Medievals . Summer Festivals / Winter Carnival .
theater / movie theaters of all types . electric cars / carriages
are all words revealing some of the character of Quebec City, its residents and the entertainment that awaits you.
For example, here is an agenda of dates to remember in order to take full advantage of your stay in Quebec:
- 31/05-04/06 Fête de la cuisine régionale
- 03/06-25/06 L'art et la nature (418)683-3285
- 24/06-24/06 Fête nationale du Québec
- 22/06-01/07 Les Nuits du Beat Molson Dry (418) 523-4540
- 06/07-16/07 Festival d'été international (418) 523-4540
- 16/08-27/08 Expo-Québec (418) 691-7110
- 20/08-20-08 Festival aérien (418) 691-7110
- 01/09-07/09 Festival International du Film (418) 694-9920
- 16/10-18/10 Salon Rest-Hôte (418) 527-9801
- 27/10-07/11 Challenge Bell
- 08/10-15/10 Festival International des Arts (418) 647-1598
- 16/11-16/11 Fête populaire pour déguster les vins nouveaux (514) 873-2020
- 18/01-21/01 Salon le monde des affaires (514) 288-3931
- 30/01-04/02 Exposition internationale de sculpture de glace (418) 626-3716
- 01/02-11/02 Carnaval de Québec (800) 621-5501
Quebec: a tourist city above all
Given the tourist facilities within the city and its surrounding area you can be certain to find all you need for an unforgettable stay. Furthermore, its convention center all your convention needs. Among the tourist facilities within are: Hotels, restaurants , museums, parks, ski stations, golf courses, ...
Some tourist activities are suggested, such as: guided tours, carriage rides...
Quebec is a mixed mosaic of picturesque districts
A simple stroll through Quebec's streets offers a great distraction by virtue of the wide discrepencies from one district to another. Each of them has a different and unique caracter resulting from historical evolution, the highlighting of cultural properties, urban development measures, as well as local initiatives.
In Quebec: Security goes with reality
Finally, it should be noted that Quebec and its surrounding cities are renowned as safe and secure. In fact, Quebec City is proud to have one of the lowest crime rates in North America (see Annual Report of the Quebec City Police Service).